Snack Stand CommitteeUpdated Wednesday April 6, 2016 by SFYAL Board.
While we are waiting out the winter, preparations for the 2016 SFYAL Baseball season are in full swing! As an all-volunteer organization, SFYAL counts on our families getting involved to make the organization successful. An easy way to become more involved is to join the Snack Stand Committee. We have some returning members, but we are always looking to grow participation in the Committee.
The Snack Stand Committee assists with the opening and closing of the stand each day. Members sign up for shifts that work for them once the team schedules are distributed
Opening shifts are responsible for:
- Picking up the pre-paid pretzel order from the Philly Pretzel Factory in Collegeville
- Supervising the team opening the snack stand to ensure that the proper procedures and food par levels are followed.
Once the stand is up and going for the day, you are not required to be in the snack stand. It is helpful if you stop in during the evening to make sure everything is running smoothly, but the Committee members are not responsible for covering the snack stand if your team .
Closing shifts provide:
- Assistance with the proper cleaning of the machines
- Ensuring that beverages are restocked in coolers
- Checking that all food is properly stored
- Making sure equipment is turned off/unplugged
If you are interested in becoming a Committee Member or have any questions, feel free to reach out to me. Thank you in advance for your help!